Pre-Contract Technical Manager (Civils)
Belfast, Co Antrim
Full-Time & Perm
Competitive salary available
• Review tender documents to identify risks and opportunities.
• Lead the development of construction methodologies/ buildability/ works sequencing in conjunction with our contract and pre-contract teams.
• Advise estimators on the suitability/ sizing of marine construction equipment.
• Produce detailed construction programmes for inclusion within tender submissions noting contract specific requirements.
• Review and comment on draft tender quality submission method statements.
• Assist in the preparation and delivery of tender presentations to prospective clients and internally to senior management.
• Explore and keep abreast of technological advances in the industry.
• Assist with business development duties (meetings/ presentations/ attendance at industry days).
• Review and interrogate design proposals received from external consultants.
• Consideration and development of temporary works proposals.
• Previous experience in delivering civils construction projects required and preferably marine construction works.
• 3rd level education in Civil Engineering.
• Work to a high degree of accuracy with good organisational skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to work to strict submission deadlines.
• Excellent IT skills including knowledge and application of programming software.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• The ability to work as part of a team and take responsibility for own work.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
• Knowledge of construction contracts.
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Why use Zenrec
Most of jobs Zenrec have are exclusive only to Zenrec and we specialise on recruitment. Recruiting in many different fields means we have gained valuable experience in various sectors. This experience and industry knowledge means we are in the best possible place to match you with the right jobs.