Zenrec is recruiting on behalf of Walsin Ltd, for a Senior Estimator. The role is based in Lisburn and is a Full-Time permanent position.
Walsin has grown significantly over the years having undergone a number of important changes to ensure that it continues to meet the requirements of the marketplace. The company specializes in the design and installation of aluminium window systems, doors, curtain walling, roof glazing and rain screen cladding. We are approved fabricators of a number of leading System suppliers, including Schuco, Metal Technology and Aluprof.
- Supervise estimating team on quotations for tender purposes
- Receive, acknowledge and check tender documentation and raising queries as necessary.
- Ensure sub contract quotations have been collated and checked for compliance prior to use.
- The ability to price schedules of works and B of Q’s from first principles in addition to sub-contractor quotations.
- To ensure all tender documentation has been collated in sufficient time for the adjudication.
- To attend tender adjudications and explain in detail behind established tender cost.
- Look to develop good working relationships with manufacturers, suppliers & subcontractors and generate new business opportunities for the company.
- To be able to work under your own direction with minimum supervision within the preconstruction team.
- To liaise with other members of the bid team as appropriate to ensure that all aspects of the tender are understood and responded to.
- To assist in sub-contractor and supplier selection and ensure competitiveness.
- Prepare commercial documents for tender handover to projects team.
- Ability to supervise and organise Estimating Team.
- Be able to provide support and training to Level 1 & Level 2 staff.
- Have an excellent understanding of Façade and window legislation (NHBC, CWCT, Building regulations etc.)
- Ability to review Tender enquiries and determine which projects to price.
- Attend pre-contract meetings with main contractors.
- Follow up tender submissions.
- Improve and set-up Department processes.
- Walsin is offering an excellent remuneration package, negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualification of the candidate.
- Working Hours (Mon to Thurs 8.30-5.00 & Fir 8.00-1.30)
- 30 days holidays
- Mobile phone and on site parking
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community